Thursday, June 16, 2011

Grilled Pizza

If you haven't grilled pizza, you need to try it.  The smokey flavor adds a great edge to the crust and toppings.  Tonight I grilled two pizzas.  One a traditional pepperoni, meatball (homemade), black olive, and onion.  The other is my Cajun pizza.  Shrimp, Andouille, Artichokes, and onion.  The Andouille was sliced thin like pepperoni, and the shrimp were sauteed in my seafood seasoning before hitting the pizza.  The local grocery store has pizza dough in the bakery.  I use a pizza stone purchased on line at Red Sky Grilling. You must let the stone pre heat like the oven.  I have had some difficulty getting the pizza to slide off the peal.  I use corn meal, but it has been a struggle.  The outcome has been delicious.  You must try this pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment