Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Eclipes Di Luna

Eclipse Di Luna is located at 4505 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Atlanta, Georgia 

I went to Atlanta to say goodbye to a friend I've know since elementary school.  After the funeral I wanted to go somewhere to help lighten up the day and spend some time with my wife.  I searched Zomato to see what was close and found Eclipse Di Luna a Tapas restaurant and bar.  The restaurant is located in a shopping center and has a covered area outside so we requested seats there.  The staff was energetic, attentive, and welcoming, which helped to ease the day's pain and heart break.

We started with the Hummus with Naan and crudites and Quesos Espanoles, an assortment of Spanish cheeses which included a sheep's milk, cows milk, and a goats milk, cheeses, of various textures, accompanied with grapes, dates, and crackers.  Next we tried the Pan Catalan which is Ciabatta bread topped with a puree of tomato, garlic, and Thyme.  We added the Manchego cheese, Serrano Ham, and the Spanish Chorizo.  I have always been a fan of Cheviche and the menu presented a good choice.  The fresh gulf fish was marinated in an orange and Habenaro sauce with cilantro and avocado.  This was clean, fresh, and flavorful and we had just begun.

Next came the Esparragos a la Parrilla, grilled asparagus with a garlic Aioli and shaved Manchego cheese.  Great combination of flavors.  I wasn't leaving a Spanish restaurant with out a Paella.  We ordered the Paella del Dia a traditional Paella with mussells, chicken, shrimp, Chorizo, and peas, in a Saffron Calasparra rice.  While waiting for the Paella something on the menu caught my eye.  The Brocheta de Choriza Y Datiles, dates and Chorizo on a skewer, wrapped in bacon and grilled, topped with Valdeon blue cheese.  This I will try at home on my Weber.  We ended the meal with coffee, Flan, and Tres Leche cake.

What started out as a sad day turned into a meal to remember.  Thanks Eclipes De Luna

Five stars from me here.

Eclipse di Luna Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment