Sunday, June 19, 2016

Bevi

Bevi is located at 4701 Airline Drive in Metairie, Louisiana.

I'm in New Orleans for Fathers Day and to celebrate my youngest sons 30th. birthday.  Truth be known the real reason to go to The Crescent City was to see my grand daughters and to eat some awesome food. New Orleans is famous for the small neighborhood restaurants that carry on the tradition of local Creole and Cajun inspired dishes like red beans and rice and Po-Boys.  

My wife loves boiled crabs.  I think it would be her death row meal because it is a slow process extracting the sweet and spice spicy meat.  I had gotten some very expensive prices for the boiled crustaceans and had resolved myself that I would not be able to provide my wife with her beloved meal.  Saturday rolled around and the weather was rainy so we looked for a place close to our location for lunch.  My son's girlfriend suggested Bevi a restaurant close to our location that serves traditional Po Boys and boiled shrimp, crawfish, and CRABS.  

When we walked in door the aroma hits your nose and screamed boiled and fried seafood. One of the things I miss most about New Orleans is fresh soft shelled crab and the special was a soft shelled crab Po Boy, yum. I ordered the soft shell Po Boy and a bowl of Gumbo. When in New Orleans always eat the Gumbo.  My wife ordered the boiled crabs with sausage and garlic, did I tell you next to the crabs the boiled garlic is her favorite.  Andrew ordered the gumbo and a sandwich called the Cure.  

The gumbo was made with a coffee colored roux which added a richness to the chicken, sausage, shrimp, and okra, ingredients.  This was a good bowl of Gumbo.  The soft shelled crab Po Boy really hit a spot that had been empty for some time.  The crab was fried perfectly and came dressed with mayonnaise, lettuce, and pickle on a seeded french bread. The Cure is hot sausage Po Boy with cheese, a fried egg, and dressed with pepper jelly mayonnaise.  This would definitely cure anything.

There is another Po Boy on the menu named the Peacemaker.  It is a fried shrimp Po Boy with roast beef debris a New Orleans s and Swiss cheese.  This one is on my list for next trip to New Orleans.

Bevi was the perfect stop on this trip.  I'll be back.

Bevi gets 4 stars.  

Bevi Seafood Co Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 





No comments:

Post a Comment